The Reading Room

I will try to keep up with what I am reading here.

Saturday, December 03, 2016

#39, Redemption Road, by John Hart

I would say don't waste your time. I was put off about a third of the way through, but kept reading, partly I guess because I have this thing about finishing books, no matter how slowly developing, and partly because I wanted to see what happened (duh!) There were too many subplots for my taste, each more sensational than the last. The cop accused of murder, the unknown psycho serial killer, the sadistic warden, the dirty cop, and on and on. A lot of flash and not a lot of substance. I never found the actions of our heroine entirely believable, either. I'm surprised to see this book rated so highly. Oh well, chacun a son gout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home