The Reading Room

I will try to keep up with what I am reading here.

Monday, February 06, 2017

#4, A Killer in the Wind, by Andrew Klavan

This book started out strongly, with a sympathetic hero, fast pace, and an interesting plot. I guess I have to get used to protagonists who are almost super-hero like in their ability to outfight and out-think multiple trained killers while romancing the helpless girl of their dreams, but I can willingly suspend my disbelief for a good story. This book went off the rails for me when everything hinged on our hero's recovered memories of horrific incidents in his childhood. Too much, too pat, not willing to suspend disbelief anymore. I was really enjoying this book and would have given it a three or four rating up until the wheels came off. Quite disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home