The Reading Room

I will try to keep up with what I am reading here.

Monday, April 25, 2016

#13, Keeping Company with St. Ignatius, by Luke J. Larson

If you have seen the movie The Way, with Martin Sheen, you are familiar with the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. Pilgrims walk one of several routes, ranging from 100 kilometers to almost 500 miles. The author walked with his wife one of the longer routes, taking about two months. I keep thinking this would be great thing to experience, and it keeps coming to my attention; The son of some friends of our made the journey last year. Maybe it's the Holy Spirit's way of nudging me. This book was really a spiritual journal, filled with the author's reflections on the spirituality of St.. Ignatius and how he felt the presence of St. Ignatius throughout his walk. I wish he had sprinkled in a few more practical items (like how far did they walk in an average day, did they train before hand, etc.), but there are apparently many guides available, so I understand his choosing to leave them out. Even though this book left me wishing for more depth and more detail, if you are interested the pilgrimage to Compostela, I bet you will enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home